2/10/10

Leia's Happy Ending

 Thank you for giving me the chance to bring this wonderful little girl into my life! When we got her from you she had just come from a transport. We were awaiting her arrival! When she first got out of her carrier she was shaking, terrified and frankly we could not let her go back into a cage, so we brought her home. There was a note in the paper work that she was nippy with kids and we have 2 little ones, but being that she is small we decided to give it a try. While she does nip, it is only in play. Right now I am watching her chase my 4 year old who is holding Leia's ball and laughing non stop. My children adore her and she clearly adores them. Even my 1 year old who has grabbed her ear more than once. I cannot imagine why anyone would have given her up. She has fit in perfectly with my other pets too. She came potty trained and does many tricks! All the hard work was already done! She is very agile so I have to watch her very close! She can jump and climb just like my cat (which we also got from you)! She flys over the 4 foot baby gate like it is not even there. I wonder if she did not escape her last home as I see run across the railing of my deck! I am going to have to get creative to contain her, but I will be sure to keep her safe. She was my dog instantly. She follows me every where and I think she knows she is home at last! Thank you so much for this new member of our family! We are greatful!

To anyone reading this that is considering getting a dog please give a shelter dog a chance!