6/27/10

Happy ending for Angle




It had been a little over a year since our Spice Girl passed over the Rainbow Bridge and we had made many trips to TLC to visit the new arrivals and show them some love but we had not decided to get another addition to the family until we stopped by on Dec 23, 2010. All of us were there my son, wife, and myself, and when I went into the cat room there in a top cage was this little black ball of fur, the minute I walked in she started to whine and carry on. We decided to love this one for a couple of minutes and took her into the private room and the son sat on the floor and she crawled right up in his lap and started to lick him all over, even nibbling a little to get a good taste of him. When she came over to me I picked her up and she got very still, but then started to lick and chew on my beard and I knew right then she was something special, I gave her back to my son then thought, and said for him to give her to his mother. She balked and I knew it was rough as Spice's passing was really rough on her, but the second she did take her I could see in her eyes that this was the one, she was going to be our new best friend.

All night she kept on me about leaving that poor thing there over the Christmas holiday and she didn't let up. The first light(5:50 am) on Christmas eve she told me to call and see if she was still there. I knew she was as I told Denny we would more than likely take her. I called as soon as TLC opened and told them we would be out to get her and now she has been with us ever since. Angle's been to Puppy School and was top in her class, was housebroke in 3 weeks and now rules the roost basically. Her best friend is Sally Mae a 3 leg Calico who get mad at her only when she gets licked to much and thought she had a bought with puppy mange we got that under control and she is doing just great. She's now a very happy, spoiled, 45 lb, ball of energy who keeps us all busy but can be so sweet that you can never get mad at her for more than a second or two.

Thanks to all at TLC and for once again helping us find the next love of our lives. The first pic is when she first came home, the other is a couple of days ago and or course the last is her lick toy Sally Mae, who puts up with her.