3/5/11

Happy ending for Sydney (formerly Norma)

My husband and I adopted a puppy (approx. 10/12 weeks old) from TLC back in July of 2009.

Early on a Tuesday morning, I saw a photo for a pup named Norma on your site; she was scheduled to arrive that same afternoon. I sent the link of the photo to my husband and he said she was cute. I took that as a sign that I should pay her a visit.

During my lunch break at work, my co-worker and I went to go take a look at her. She was perfect. Quiet. Calm. Gentle. Adorable all around.

As I was deciding on whether to adopt her or not, another lady was looking at her.

I struggled with the decision all the way back to work in the car.

I decided that if Norma was still there by 3:15 that afternoon, I was going to go get her before TLC closed. Sure enough, she was.

I raced back to the shelter and brought her home.

My husband and I decided that Norma wasn't the name we wanted for her, and after going through lists of human names, my husband made an astute observation.

"She looks like a dingo."

It clicked and I suggested the name Sydney.

Our Sydney was sick for her first few weeks at home, and boy did her personality change after she was feeling better! Although still sweet and quiet, the calm went away. We found out her lab was mixed with either greyhound or whippet. She LOVES to run!

Sydney turns 2 years old in April. She loves to play and her best friend Tasha (my mom's dog, a husky/border collie mix) was also adopted from TLC back in Oct. 2006. They love to run and chase after frisbee together. Most of all, they love to cause chaos.

She's a happy, sweet dog and, although trouble always finds her, she is a good girl. One thing that is for sure, there is never a dull moment when she is around!