7/29/10

Happy ending for Eliza



My boyfriend and I adopted Eliza, a husky hound, about two years ago. Of course we went to TLC just to LOOK. She looked so skinny and sad. Her puppies had just been taken from her and she still had milk. She was so sweet and I stood by her cage until my boyfriend finally asked a staff member to let her out. My boyfriend had a Rotti mix at the time so we had to go home and bring him to the shelter to see if they got along. They did J. She had a hard time adjusting. I think she was looking for her puppies. She was also very clingy and would crawl right in your lap. But after awhile she relaxed and learned to love playing with Zues (the Rotti). Sadly by boyfriends Rotti died of cancer a few months ago and Eliza has had a very difficult time adjusting. But, my boy friends cat just had kittens and Eliza has been busy being a diligent baby sitter! She checked on them throughout the day when they were newborns and now she carriers them around in her month and gives them baths while mama cat takes sunbaths. Eliza loves going on walks. She shakes with excitement when she sees the leash and zooms around the house. She’s very friendly and very gentle. She has some hound in her and howls and talks once in a while. I sure wish I knew what she was saying!

Michelle Leal