7/21/10

Happy ending update: Riley





Riley as a puppy

Hello my name is Carrie Vickers and my husband and I adopted a puppy in February. He went by Bad Boy at the shelter. He was not in good shape when he was found we were told, but he was adorable. We adopted him through Denny and a few days later we dropped a photo of him off with Denny. We changed his name to Riley. If you could please pass on to Denny that Riley has thrived. He was worried about him. At about 7 months now Riley is a horse. He is affectionate and loving ( a bit of a handful sometimes because he has LOTS of energy) But he stole our hearts. He is spoiled and very happy. Riley was a big decision for us as he was a birthday present for my Autistic son Jacob. They are best friends and he made my son a very happy little boy. Let Denny know THANK YOU!!!!

Sincerely,

Carrie Vickers
Update 7/20/10

We adopted our dog Riley, formerly known as "Bad Boy" almost 7 years ago from TLC for our Autistic son Jacob, we already have an update on the happy endings page and it has his puppy pictures with a red blanket, and we brought him once for Denny to see at the shelter. Denny was a little attached to him because he came in bad shape as a puppy and he had been caring for him. We said we would update him through the years. We do not have a direct email for the shelter, so please pass on to Denny that Riley is doing wonderful and has not only filled my son Jacob's days with Joy but I have two other children, my older son Jon is now 17 and my daughter Amber is 13, they love him. He has brought so much joy to all of us and he is quite a character. Riley was listed as a shepard mix, that mix was determined to be pit bull, and at first I was very nervous, he has absolutely changed my mind. We were taught by our vet how to teach and care for him early and let me tell you this dog has not a tendancy to do anything but kiss you to death if he comes near you. He has taught me alot. I hope Denny enjoys the picture and we will send more over the years until Riley is not with us any more (which I hope is a VERY VERY long time)